Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Things I wish I could register for

Clean house with food ready when we arrive from hospital
Someone to fetch things while I lay in bed staring at my beautiful baby
Someone to write Thank You cards for me
Someone to answer the door for me if the bell rings
Quiet neighbors
Photographer for documentation of all the precious moments
Organizer of Chio's clothes (I have run out of room at this point.  The girl has more clothes than I know what to do with!)
Someone to anticipate when I will have a breakdown and help me breathe, talk through it
Someone to pee for me

(I know that Christian will do many of these things (except pee for me) but it doesn't seem fair.  He only gets two weeks off.  I want him to be able to spend every moment getting to know her instead of running around.)

This is kinda what I have in mind for her first two weeks with us:

Idealistic, I realize.  But shouldn't we all take the time to honor bringing a new person into the world by just marveling and reveling?  Shouldn't that be a given?

No comments:

Post a Comment