Saturday, September 29, 2012

Holy Stroller


We recently joined a neighborhood list serve which is really awesome. We have scored a free breast pump, maternity clothes, cheap diapers AND we have met a lot of great families.  Our most recent purchase is a barely used Britax Stroller.  It's very much like the Vista we were considering buying, but a little bit lighter, and with more possible configurations.  It comes with a detachable second seat (the lady kept saying "for your second kid", yeah right).We're excited to double stroll with our nephew Kohner or future friends.  We can make it a travel system by putting a car seat in it.   We saved like $300.  Woohoo! Christian was so excited he took pictures and then immediately wanted to practice walking it around.


In other news, I'm definitely feeling some movement in my lower belly.  Sometimes it feels like bubbles, sometimes thumps.  It makes me smile every time. 

Other, less exciting pregnancy symptoms we are dealing with: rapid weight gain (a lot of it in my chest), acne (more than in my teen years), RIDICULOUS gas, foggy head and forgetfulness, constant hunger, sleepiness, snappy mood (poor Chris), lower back pain.  But other than that, I feel great!  I didn't realize I had a waddle, but sometimes after sitting for long periods my lower back gets really tight and it takes me a minute to walk right.  

Coworker: Why are you walking like that?
Me: Like what?
Coworker: Like you're pregnant or something.
Me: Because I'm pregnant...
Coworker: OH MY GOD!  HOW CUTE!  CONGRATULATIONS!!

I guess she thought I was just eating too much.   



3 comments:

  1. A dear friend of mine's mother has this notion about acne in pregnancy predicting the sex of the baby. She says it's an old Italian thing (she's not Italian) and swears she's never been wrong - except once and that lady was "a drama queen."

    So it goes that if you are having a boy, your skin will glow and be better than ever because the boy wants to help mommy preserve her womanly beauty. If you are having a girl, the girl takes some of mommy's beauty for herself... causing the acne. SOOOO!!! Based on that, I'm going to throw in a guess of GIRL. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tarra: Thanks so much! My aunt said that she heard that as well! We are really looking forward to finding out next week. I want a girl and Chris wants a boy. Surprise, surprise. However, with this amount of kicking, I'm pretty sure I'll be a soccer mom either way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...I am going with boy based on nothing but my own premonition. I can not wait to find out! --Tara R.

    ReplyDelete