Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Visit From Family

This week baby Malvaez was lucky enough to get a visit from Aunt Sara. She even talked to Chicharito, whispering to my belly "Are you a Girl?  I want a Niece!".  Lots of belly rubbing which was so gentle and sweet.  While I haven't felt anything yet that I'm sure is baby movement, I know that the little one was happy to get some attention from Aunt Sara, Dad and Teresa.  

Here we are at the Museum of Natural History being scary Dinos:


In addition to walking around the city (which is exhausting!), Teresa and I had a little sewing project.  She was able to cut up the pants I can no longer button and put a maternity panel on them.  It's awesome!  It has tripled my maternity wardrobe and saved me possibly hundreds of dollars!!  I couldn't be more comfortable.  Thanks Teresa and Aunt Stephanie for the sewing machine loan!


Yes, that bump continues to get BIGGER, no doubt helped by three straight days of eating out.  Whoa.  

So, we've been getting a lot of questions about baby names.  We have narrowed down a few, but still haven't agreed on any for sure.  We are having an easier time with girl names than boy names.  I talked to Papa about it today.  He suggested "Charles", which is also my uncle's name!  We like the idea of family names, however, there is a serious lack of boy names that sound good in English and Spanish.  BTW, Charles in Spanish is Carlos.  John in Spanish is Juan.  Andrew in Spanish is Andres. There seem to be no equivalents for Kyle or Duane.  Edwin in Spanish...well, let's not.  Sara had suggestions but only for nieces.  They were Samantha, Christine and Jean.  I thought those were really nice names.  Keep those suggestions coming.  

Yes, we are finding out the sex, but not until Mid-October.  Stay tuned!



1 comment:

  1. Of course, I like Christine! I have always loved my name. I think Cristina is the Spanish spelling. Any name you choose will be perfect! Love you, Auntie Christine

    ReplyDelete