Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Not about the family....

....But interesting to me.

Today I read these two very different articles.  I know adolescence will come far too soon.  I wonder how Christian and I will decide to protect Chio.   Most likely we will have frank discussions about the risks of sex.  We will definitely be keeping up with this research and not just because I am counseling other people's daughters about it.

Pro
Con

For the record, I was too old to get this vaccine when it was widely available (you can only get it up to 26 years old).  Everything I was given to read about it in nursing school was Pro, and we were even given an article that discredited the theory of its connection with Guillen-Barre.  However, I have always been suspicious of how quickly this vaccine was pushed on adolescent girls.  I remember reading that someone in Virginia wanted to make it mandatory for girls to be able to attend public high school.  I find that ridiculous as I'm most certain cervical cancer has never been diagnosed in a high schooler.  WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment