Thursday, September 25, 2014

For Those Following Along at Home

I have also:
Eaten Dates
Eaten Spicy food
Eaten Pineapple.

At today's Midwifery appointment I declined a vaginal exam.  My midwives confirmed what I thought, that he's OP, so I'll be getting back to those Spinning Babies exercises.  We discussed various scenarios such as: a hands-off approach (would mean I would declines all vaginal exams and support my own perineum), in the tub or out of tub, Chris in or out of tub, cases in which I may need to transfer to the hospital, car seats, active or non-active management of 3rd stage, pushing with or without verbal encouragement.

I'll leave my preferences private for now.  I mostly just want to point out that I love getting midwifery care.  I feel extremely respected and supported.  It helps me to know in my final days of pregnancy that, no matter the course this labor takes, I will continue to be included in my plan of care and any decisions that are made about me or my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment